Allelica Breast Cancer PRS Test
Empower patients with precision risk assessments and informed preventive strategies to reduce absolute risk of breast cancer
The Allelica Breast Cancer PRS test provides valuable health information for all patients. Specifically, the test benefits:
- Healthy patients interested in understanding their personal genetic risk;
- Patients with a family history of breast cancer;
- Patients who have a rare monogenic mutation associated with breast cancer risk, such as BRCA;
- Patients with breast cancer interested in learning about the genetic cause of the disease
Benefits of the Allelica Breast Cancer PRS Test
The Allelica Breast Cancer PRS test has mutiple benefits for patients and providers:
- Providers can use the test to identify more patients at high risk as compared to monogenic testing alone;
- Providers can give patients a more precise evaluation of their personal risk by taking into account all genetic risk factors;
- Patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer can have an explanation of the cause of their disease when no other genetic risk factors are present;
- Patients can better understand their individual risk of breast cancer and make informed decisions on when to start screening and learn actions they can take to reduce overall risk of breast cancer.
How can I order the test for my patients?
You can order the test now at order.allelica.com. To set up an in-house ordering system or an integration with your health system EHR, send us an email at email@example.com to get started.
How long does testing take?
Testing takes up to 2 months, but average turnaround time is around 3-4 weeks.
How much does the test cost?
The test costs $250. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Is the test covered by my health insurance?
No, this test is not currently reimbursed by insurance companies, but will likely be covered in the near future.
How is patient DNA and personal information be protected?
Allelica has partnered with a CLIA- and CAP-certified laboratory to perform the test. The lab follows strict regulatory policies in place to protect patient privacy and genetic data. You can be confident that all of patient data will be stored safely in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
The Allelica Advantage
World leaders in polygenic risk score analysis
Trusted technology that follows the highest quality standards in medicine
Dedicated to delivering the most precise, personalized results to patients
Backed by years of rigorous R&D performed by world-renowned scientists and medical researchers
Committed to closing the diversity gap in genetic medicine and providing all patients with premier PRS testing